My Godson Keegan

My Godson Keegan

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Burning Questions

(Consider this a preview for my opening activity tomorrow.)

BURNING QUESTIONS:

This activity from chapter 5 in our Gallagher text seemed important to me. I think that so much of learning needs to come from asking questions. The deeper understanding of any concept can only be reached once we ask and then explore further what WE want to know. I decided it would be fun to post some burning questions of my own. For a topic, I chose Notre Dame football. For those who don't follow sports or college football, Notre Dame is 7-0 (at least at the time of this post) and have been in the conversation as one of the best teams in the country for the first time in more than a decade. Still, they have more to prove as the season goes on and I have some burning questions regarding the Fighting Irish.

1) Will Everett Golson step up and be a consistent leader at the Quarterback position?

2) Our defense is good, but are they SEC good? ( Alabama, Florida, LSU,etc.)

3) Will all of the Notre Dame haters finally give ND their due if they beat Oklahoma this weekend on the road?

4) Will Notre Dame finished undefeated and play for the national championship?

5) Does Manti T'eo have a real chance at winning the Heisman even though no true defensive player has won since the late 90's?

I could on for much longer but I feel that the non-sports fans might fall asleep. The next step would be for me to pick one question and then reflect on it in my writer's notebook. Stay tuned for my next post which will reflect on one of my questions above!

No comments:

Post a Comment